NeoCal Advanced Calculator is priced at $9.99 in Google Play; it is normally priced at $9.99 at the Amazon Appstore. As we've noted before, there are sometimes differences in pricing and availability between the two marketplaces.
NeoCal Advanced Calculator is described as follows:
NeoCal is an advanced, award-winning calculator designed to work just like a real calculator, only better. The intuitive keyboard design provides efficient access to over 230 financial, statistical, scientific, programmer, conversion, and date and time functions without having to access menus or lists of functions. The large 12-digit display includes thousands separators and shows labels for calculated and stored results. Backspace, Undo, and Redo make correcting mistakes simple.NeoCal Advanced Calculator has a 4.8-star rating in Google Play; it has a 4.8-star rating in the Amazon Appstore.
NeoCal is highly customizable to work the way you do. Enable the Precedence option to reduce entering parenthesis, or enable the RPN option to eliminate them completely. Enable up to four display lines to see current and previous results. Choose your own theme for improved readability.
NeoCal is a mature product that has been on the market for eleven years. It has been continually enhanced by suggestions from the user community, making it an even more effective and user-friendly tool. An extensive user guide containing many examples is included in the application.
SUMMARY OF BUILT-IN FUNCTIONS
- Scientific: trigonometric, hyperbolic, and logarithmic functions; degrees/radians conversions; time and angle conversions; physical constants
- Financial: time value of money, amortization; discounted cash flow analysis for internal rate of return and net present value; interest conversion between nominal and effective rates; margin and markup calculations
- Statistical: two variable statistical analysis including mean, weighted mean, standard deviation; linear regression forecasting, correlation coefficient; probability calculations
- Date and Time: date arithmetic; duration arithmetic and conversions including frames for digital video editing; moment conversions
- Programmer: base number conversions between binary, octal, decimal, and hexadecimal; 32-bit, 16-bit, and 8-bit signed and unsigned integer math calculations and conversions; logical and bit-manipulation operations
- Conversion: length, area, volume, speed, weight, temperature; unit arithmetic
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- UI designed specifically for Android devices
- Unique Dynamic Keyboard technology
- User-selectable themes
- Multiple keyboard layouts
- 12-digit display with thousands separators
- Locale-based number, date, and time formatting
- Labeled results for clarity
- Optional RPN input method
- Selectable RPN stack size
- Up to four display lines
- 20 or 100 user registers
- Multi-level Undo/Redo
- Macro record and playback
- Extensive user guide included in the app
There is a version of the app in the iOS App Store. There it is priced at $10.49 but has insufficient ratings to display.
We continue to be disappointed with the FAOTD program. It began promisingly enough, with Angry Birds Rio, but we've gotten tired of the endless games or niche apps, and especially apps which have no uptake in Google Play, and seem to be FAOTD as a desperation move by the developer.
We'd like to see free versions of say, Office-compatible software or useful utilities such as CalenGoo instead of niche apps or endless games (we just assume every day that it's going to be a game; it's gotten that bad).
Amazon.com opened up the Appstore despite a lawsuit by Apple, which has previously trademarked the term "App Store." Microsoft has filed an appeal against that trademark, saying the term is too generic. Amazon.com has responded to the lawsuit in the same manner.
Apple has already lost a portion of that lawsuit, which said Amazon.com had participated in "false advertising."