Rain App is not available in Google Play, though the developer has other apps in Google's marketplace. It is normally priced at $0.99 in the Amazon Appstore. As we've noted before, there are sometimes differences in pricing and availability between the two marketplaces.
Rain App is described as follows:
Ranked #1 Health and Fitness AppRain App has a 4.0 star rating in the Amazon Appstore.
Reached Top Paid App #6 on Amazon Appstore
Rain App turns your device into a skylight on a rainy day. Clouds gently glide as raindrops fall and splatter on your screen. It’s a relaxing, tranquil experience that feels as if you’re holding a living window in your hands.
- Let rain app accompany you when you’re going to bed, it will help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Let rain app accompany you when you’re working, it will help you focus and reduce stress.
- Let rain app accompany you when you’re cuddled into your couch reading, it will make the experience even more enjoyable.
- Rain falls and splatters onto screen
- Clouds gently drift by
- Set timer: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2hours, 3hours
- Ability to loop nonstop
- Ability to pause and play the rain
- Rain intensity control
- Rain droplet size control
- Sky speed and direction control
- Current time and date display
- Gorgeous minimalist style interface
- Full screen rain visual
- Instructions page
- Fun for all your friends and family to enjoy!
Amazon.com has had a trend of late, picking a number of apps that have almost no uptake in Google Play as the FAOTD, so this is a good app to see. Still, we're still disappointed in Amazon.com. We'd like to see free versions of say, Office-compatible software or useful utilities such as WidgetLocker instead of niche apps or endless games.
what it means to developers.
Amazon.com opened up the Appstore despite a lawsuit by Apple, which has previously trademarked the term "App Store." Microsoft has filed an appeal against that trademark, saying the term is too generic. Amazon.com has responded to the lawsuit in the same manner.