Weather+ is described as follows:
Where the Weather Adds UpWeather+ has a rating of 3.7 stars in the Android Market and 3.1 stars in the Amazon Appstore.
Weather+ gives you current weather conditions and a five-day forecast for locations all over the world. The information is visualized with beautiful full-screen video loops for all conditions.
Rain, Snow, Which Way to Go?
Swipe the screen from left to right to switch between selected locations. Use the Flip Clock with the World Clock time setting for your current location and another selected location. Switch your settings between Fahrenheit and miles to Celsius and kilometers.
Weather+ includes a wide range of professional features:
What's Your Widget?
- Weather and time details for an unlimited number of cities
- Full-screen video loops of the weather in a selected location
- Fully functional on all Android devices and resolutions
- Standard weather information like condition description and temperature
- Wind direction and speed details
- Humidity, precipitation, pressure, and visibility details
- Weather forecasts cover 3-hour increments over the next 5 days
You manually change the arrangements of your widgets to meet your specific needs. Your options include:
Weather+ is designed to be your daily companion for your basic weather condition needs and will drastically improve your connection to nature and its elements.
- Show clock, daily, and hourly forecast
- Show clock and daily forecast
- Show clock only
- Show one minimal widget at the bottom
- Forget about the widgets--just display text
"You would be well advised to download Weather+. This app puts all your vital weather information on one page, and the background video matches the weather conditions." - App Smart, NYTimes.com
"The true beauty of the app is unveiled when you tap on a weather icon. Not only does tapping an icon update the entire weather forecast along with parameters for the selected day but it also updates the video in the background." - A. Rehman, AddictiveTips.com
iOS version by the same developer, priced at $0.99 in the App Store, with a 4-star (out of 5) rating.
what it means to developers.
Amazon.com opened up the Appstore despite a lawsuit by Apple, which has previously trademarked the term "App Store." Microsoft has filed an appeal against that trademark, saying the term is too generic. Amazon.com has responded to the lawsuit in the same manner.