9to5Mac, which focuses on Apple. As we said earlier, Apple typically doesn't go whole hog with huge promotional discounts on Black Friday, and this year is no different.
[Those seeking bigger promotions on Apple products need to look to third-party sites like MacMall, MacConnection, and Amazon.com. And no, don't expect any iPhone promotions.]
- Macs will be $101 less, which mirrors last year's deals.
- iPads will be from $41 - $61 off based on capacity (16GB, 32GB, 64GB).
- The iPod nano will be $11 less for both 8GB and 16GB storage sizes.
- The iPod touch will see discounts ranging from $21 - $41, just as the iPads, based on storage tiers.
- A $50 gift certificate to the iTunes Store will be 10 percent off, or $45.
- The iPad 2 Smart Cover, Apple's Wireless IKeyboard, and its Magic Trackpad will all be priced at $11 less.
- Accessories such as the AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule, and AirPort Express will all see slight discounts.
- Third-party accessories such as cases, hard drives, and more will also be on sale.
As noted, though, Apple's discounts won't rank with the best. For example, this 13.3-inch MacBook Air is $200 off at Best Buy, right now (no waiting until Black Friday). It's also nearly $100 less than Apple's Black Friday deal.