The app tells the stories of the photographers that waded into Ground Zero and shot images of the World Trade Center attacks and its aftermath. The app contains extensive interviews, stories, and yes, powerful images from the photographers who witnessed and documented the events of 9/11, personally.
Tips on using the app:
- To turn pages and find new stories, swipe sideways or tap the left/right edge of the screen
- Swipe up and down to read stories. Tap the top of the screen to return to the beginning.
- Press and hold anywhere on the page to quickly access the app's navigation tools. Press and hold again, anywhere, or quickly tap anywhere on the page with one finger to make the navigation tools disappear and return to the page you were viewing
- Double-tap the screen to see just the bottom layer. Double-tap again to return to original layout.
- To bookmark pages, tap the upper-right corner of a page. Return to this page through the “Bookmarks” tab in the menu bar. Re-tap the same corner to remove bookmark.
A full list of the charities included in the app is available here.
Mag+ (magplus.com) is a platform for publishing creative content on touchscreen tablets. It premiered on iPad 1 in April 2010 with the award-winning Popular Science+, and supports dozens of titles in the iTunes Store.