It doesn't mean, however, the new CDMA version is a failure. The report, showing data from five Apple stores (combined, including two "very, very" prominent Apple stores) has the numbers for both Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4 sales during the Verizon iPhone’s first five days of availability:
- Thursday: Verizon = 909, AT&T = 539
- Friday: Verizon = 916, AT&T = 680
- Saturday: Verizon = 660, AT&T = 471
- Sunday: Verizon = 796, AT&T = 701
- Monday: Verizon = 711, AT&T = 618
It was reported that the lack of lines on launch day (Feb. 10) surprised many retailers. However, many pundits have been telling those who would listen that if they wanted a Verizon iPhone, they've waited since 2007, so wait for the iPhone 5, due out in a few months.